HeartCode BLS uses the latest eSimulation technology to enable students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. Utilizing a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities, this course teaches BLS knowledge and skills. This method of learning provides training consistency, adaptability to different learning styles, and flexibility for the student’s and employer’s time. Students can work at their own pace applying their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Blended training also supports the need for hands-on learning of psychomotor skills. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation.
Once the cognitive portion of the course has been completed, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor or on a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system.
After successfully completing both the eLearning and hands-on session of the BLS Course, students should be able to:
Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Up to 1.75 hour(s) of CME/CE/CEH credits offered